We are hiring a Community Engagement Coordinator
Co-operatives First is a Saskatoon-based non-profit organization. We support groups in western Canada to develop co-ops that solve local problems and create opportunities in Indigenous and rural communities. Funded by Federated Co-operatives Limited, we help groups learn how to work together and take great business ideas and make them a reality. After seven years and 170 groups, we need someone to help us reach more people and increase the number of co-ops we help create.
As the Community Engagement Coordinator for Co-operatives First, you’ll work with inspiring groups to flesh out their ideas by delivering our tried-and-true products that move them efficiently from ideation to opening their doors. Your goal will be to develop a trusting relationship with the fledgling co-ops as their relationship manager so that they can operate and own the best co-op possible. The Community Engagement Co-ordinator will deliver products such as the Incorporation Insider, in which you’ll support businesses through the incorporation process. The coordinator will also drive lead generation by connecting with new people in interesting ways. Your success will expand Co-operatives First’s reach – helping hundreds in western Canada solve problems and create thriving, locally-responsive businesses and communities. You’ll have the opportunity to shape this role and room to grow your personal brand as an expert in our space.
At Co-operatives First we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/wellness, and matching RRSP employer contribution, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
Flexibility: Two days a week, feel free to skip the commute and hit your deadlines from home.
Personal days: Do what you need to do six days a year without taking vacation or sick time. In addition, we want you to take an extra-long holiday break. The office is always closed between Christmas and New Year’s.
Professional development: What do you want to learn, how do you want to grow? We have a budget line, and we want to use it.
Dress: Wear anything you like to the office – and be as comfortable at work as you are in your own living room.
To be considered for this role, here are the skills we’re looking for:
- At least two years in a similar role with comparable goals and responsibilities (business development/community engagement/relationship management).
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred, and experience is highly valued.
- You must be an excellent communicator, both written and spoken.
- Co-operatives First is composed of highly collaborative thinkers and doers, you must be a team player.
- This is a semi-autonomous position, so you should be self-sufficient and self-motivated.
- It is also a creative role, so you must be able to gracefully receive criticism and feedback about your work.
- You must be able to travel, up to 10 days a year.
As Co-operatives First’s Community Engagement Coordinator, you’ll build lasting relationships and get businesses off the ground, experimenting, learning, and adjusting as you go.
Throughout your journey to grow our impact with western Canadians, you’ll be responsible for:
- Delivering our products efficiently
- Managing relationships with empathy and pragmatism
- Crafting messaging that resonates with our audience and ignites interest and a better understanding of the co-op model
- Supervising special projects and/or consultants by setting timelines and deliverables
- Designing interesting campaigns and outreach strategies to engage our audience
- Monitoring and tracking success with our customer relationship management platform (Hubspot)
$60,000-$70,000 a year depending on experience and education.
If you are interested in working for Co-operatives First, please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: July 16
Interviews: July 24, 25, 26
Start date: Aug 15