Content Specialist (Term position)
Got a big, warm personality, flare for social media and love talking to people? Get paid to travel western Canada, tell inspiring stories and share your experiences. Become Co-operatives First’s next Content Specialist for The Backroad Diaries.
As the Content Specialist, you’ll visit rural and Indigenous communities throughout western Canada; discover the people and places that make co-ops important and amazing; and capture the vision, impacts and innovators driving these co-ops and strengthening local economies.
If you’re 30 and under with an interest in media production, content creation, writing, photography and the like, we want you. Send us:
- a short selfie-style video (no more than 2 minutes) telling a story about a subject you’re passionate about,
- writing/photography samples if you have them, and
- a brief CV.
No major co-op knowledge required, but it sure wouldn’t hurt to be familiar with the business model or be able to list an example or two.
Employment term: May 15 to August 30, 2020
Salary: $20/hr at 40 hours per week
Travel: Throughout western Canada as required (all travel expenses are covered by Co-operatives First)
Application deadline: March 30th, 2020.
The Content Specialist is the face, voice and heart of The Backroad Diaries project. The Content Specialist travels to rural and Indigenous communities, collects photographs, audio, video and a story. The position requires someone creative, confident and passionate about telling a good story.
Using the provided research, media plan and equipment, the Content Specialist will visit 8 (2 in each western province) communities and capture a story of the people and place surrounding the identified co-op. Using their talents with various media equipment, like a smartphone, DSLR camera, audio recorder and laptop, the Content Specialist will gather various media to be used to create social media posts, videos, and podcasts for distribution and data collection.
- Capturing audio, video and images via various media production tools
- Caring for a variety of media production tools and equipment
- Editing and storing various media
- Project management
- Event planning/logistics
- Relationship management
- Writing, speaking and presenting
- Confidently presenting to a camera or audience
Education and Experience
- MUST be 30 and under.
- Experience and/or education using various media equipment, such as cameras and audio recorders is expected.
- Experience and/or education in storytelling, musical performance, theatre or journalism is an asset.
How to apply
Email us a short (no more than 2 minute) selfie-style video of you. Show us your personality through a short story about a topic you’re passionate about. In the email, include writing/photography samples if you have them and a brief CV.
Email to email@example.com