We are hiring a Video Content Specialist
Do you love to tell a good story? Do you have the skills to film and edit professional, engaging, documentary-style videos? Are you under 30? Get paid to travel western Canada, meet interesting people, and tell inspiring stories! Become Co-operatives First’s Video Content Specialist.
Co-operatives First assists groups of people in rural and Indigenous communities across western Canada to create co-operative businesses. As the Video Content Specialist, you’ll visit some of these co-ops to interview their members and create short videos that tell the stories of these businesses and the people who created them.
If you’re a returning student with an interest in video production, journalism, and storytelling, we want you. Send us an example of at least one video you’ve created and a brief CV.
No major co-op knowledge is required, but it wouldn’t hurt to be familiar with the business model or an example or two.
Employment term: June 1 to August 31, 2023
Wage: $22/hr, 40 hours/week
Travel: Throughout western Canada as required
The Video Content Specialist travels to rural and Indigenous communities and collects interviews and footage of co-operative entrepreneurs, their businesses, and their communities. The position requires someone creative, confident, and passionate about telling a good story.
Using the provided research, media plan, and equipment, the Video Content Specialist will visit communities and capture a story of the people and place surrounding the identified co-op(s). Using their talents with various media equipment, like a smartphone, DSLR camera, audio recorder and laptop, they will gather media to be used to create social media posts, videos, and other assets for distribution.
- Capturing audio, video, and images via various media production tools
- Creating engaging short videos that tell co-ops’ stories, using Adobe software
- Caring for a variety of media production tools and equipment
- Editing and storing various media
- Project management
- Travel planning/logistics
- Relationship management
Education and Experience
- MUST not be older than age 30 as of June 1, 2023
- Experience and/or education using various media equipment, such as cameras and audio recorders, is expected.
- Experience using audio and video editing software is expected.
- Experience and/or education in storytelling or journalism is an asset.
How to apply
Email us a brief CV and at least one short video (or link to a video) that showcases your skills as a video creator and storyteller. Email to email@example.com.
Application deadline: April 15, 2023