Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Alexa CreelmanAlexa Creelman
      Participant

Who are you and what brought you to this course?
      My names is Alexa. I’m happy to e-meet all of you!

What is your connection to co-operatives?
      I currently work at Central 1. Some of my previous experience is rooted in agricultural co-operatives and sustainable development (using the co-operative model) in South America. I became more passionate about the movement after seeing how powerful it is for inclusion, community resilience, and building real connection and empowerment.

What do you hope to get out of this course?
      I work with leaders in the BC credit union system, and the relationship between management and Board is a unique and key component of their roles. I have more exposure to the management style of thinking and feel I could learn and round out my perspective of both sides of leadership through this course.

Jen BudneyJen Budney
      Participant

Welcome to the course, Alexa! It’s great to have people from Central 1 here. I hope you enjoy the course!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

“I thoroughly enjoyed the Good Governance Matters course offered by Co-operatives First. The course provided a solid background on governance generally and specific examples of good governance practices in co-operatives. It is uncommon to find governance training specific to co-operatives so this was refreshing.”

Janet Taylor (Corporate Secretary)

Libro Credit Union

“The Good Governance Matters Course was a valuable course. I shared it with the [Arctic Co-operatives Limited] Senior Leadership Team. If it ever comes up again, I highly recommend others to take it.”

Mary Nirlungayuk (Corporate Secretary and Vice-President, Corporate Services)

Arctic Co-operatives Limited

“The online course, Good Governance Matters was very informative, easy to navigate and discussed issues relevant to our needs as a Board of Directors. This course is a great tool for boards to build their knowledge to become strong, strategic boards.”

Lori Sanders (President)

Sherwood Co-op

“This course has greatly increased my understanding of what good governance could/should look like and how each part (boards, management, members) plays a vital role in the co-operative’s success.”

2017 PARTICIPANT

“This course was highly enjoyable, and relevant to working in not only the co-op space, but with any group that needs to make decisions.”

2017 PARTICIPANT