How to make good decisions
Co-operatives First provides a half-day or day-long session with a board of directors. Focusing on policy and procedure, rules of order, strategic planning, recruitment, and evaluation, the workshop is a great way to revisit roles and responsibilities. Good decisions start with a solid understanding of your co-op’s governance.
- Basic governance concepts
- What the role of a board in a co-op is
- How to conduct board meetings
- Individual roles on a board
- How to make good decisions as a group
- Record keeping (and why it matters)
- How to deal with conflict
- When and how to create policies
- How, why and when to strike committees
- Why member engagement is critical
- How to do board recruitment
- Why, how and when to do evaluation and monitoring
Boards interested in a deeper exploration of the concepts of governance should take our Good Governance Matters Course.
Who should take advantage of this product
Leaders of new and existing co-ops looking to improve governance, policy, procedure and decision making.